WELCOME TO BINA BANGSA SCHOOL
- With the 21st Century Skills and Competencies remaining as our guiding beliefs, we will continue to carve our pedagogical practices and assessment modes based on this. The use of ICT in education will be our next enabler to a more successful 21st century thinking and efficacy. Most schools study closely international trends and ideas and use it as their working document. Bina Bangsa School is no different. We must travel on a new pathway, where we will see information and communication tools transforming our holistic, brand of education.
- At BBS, we envision an environment where students use technology for knowledge acquisition, and provide classrooms that are intellectually and socially stimulating. This academic year, our assessment modes saw a new breakthrough as we introduced the Authentic Assessment as part of our testing system. In the future, we will create opportunities for student exchange programmes and real-life applications with direct conferencing with international students. Even at school level, our BBS students need to be experts in diverse fields where they can take on the persona of a Scientist, Engineer or Artist anytime. There must be a direct alignment with the requisite industries and better career prospects evident in the outside world. BBS must continue to consolidate our students' learning of English, Mathematics and Sciences at an advanced level, alongside other macro skills. Thematically, our students' learning must be real and valid in nature.
- Another important agenda is always to augment a dynamic curriculum, where teachers provide a podium that includes indices of creativity and critical thinking skills, character development and civil literacy. Beyond the showcasing of our excellent Cambridge Learner’s Awards, in the last consecutive years, BBS teachers and students must develop their social habits and attitudes. Are we caring enough about our community needs? Do our students present themselves confidently in both formal and informal environments? Can our students engage in self-directed learning? Are they questioning and collaborating enough with their counterparts? Are we growing emotionally and spiritually? Teachers and students must learn to provide solutions, ideas and set of values with any given social or moral predicament.
- An effective school must be an ongoing learning centre. The professional learning community has been intensified at BBS, where we have increased the number of professional conferences for our teachers to grow in knowledge and skills. The focus on global leadership at all levels must be taken seriously. It is not exactly about the prime person leading a pack but one who is an influencer or an agent of good change in an organisation. We must increase our students’ realization of their roles and responsibilities. As a whole, the BBS school life must not just be educated in nature, but smart enough to address life's issues.
- So let's come together as a community to form this vibrant school and allow it to enrich and bless us to gain greater heights.
- As Scriptures states in 1 Corinthians 15:58 – ‘Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, for as much as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.’ May the Lord establish the work of our hands.
- Mr. Paulus Sia
- Director of Academic Supervision Division